Filet Mignon Ingredients
- Beef Tenderloin Filet (about 170g each and at least 1 inch thick)
- 1 Slice Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Let steaks come to room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wrap the steak with a strip of bacon and secure with twine or a toothpick.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. After about 1 minute, add some butter, swirling it around the pan to coat. Sear steak for 90 seconds per side.
- Transfer pan to oven and let cook until the steaks reach desired doneness (5-6 minutes per side for medium rare).
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 6-7 minutes. Remove twine and serve.
- Goes well with balsamic vinegar glaze or your favorite gravy.
Enjoy an oh-so-delicious filet mignon with these helpful tips and tricks.
- Use a cast-iron skillet when cooking your filet mignon. Cast iron retains and disperses heat, giving your steak a nice crust.
- Preheat your cast-iron skillet. Turn on your stove, then put the skillet on medium-high heat for four minutes. Remember to switch on your fan for ventilation.
- Season your steak well with rock salt and freshly-ground pepper. It’ll taste better and add great texture to your steak.